Today’s card is a fun fold buckle card using pencil erasers to color in the Home To Roost images. It’s a great way to add color in images with an artistic feel.
Felicity Laritz, a fellow Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, shared this coloring technique.
Best part is you don’t need to stress with this technique of coloring images as it’s meant to have an artistic look with white spaces (not completely colored in). And remember no two colored images are going to look the same when you are done… have fun and be creative!
- Using Black Stazon Ink stamp wheat image onto 3 x 4 Whisper White Cardstock (cardstock is vertical) and stamp sentiment, rooster & wheat images onto 2-3/4 x 4 Whisper White cardstock (cardstock is horizontal).
- Tap pencil eraser into ink pad then color images. Tips: Start with lightest color first. For wheat images I place eraser flat and moved in an upward swishing motion (for both Mango Melody & Granny Apple Green colors). For Rooster image I tilted the eraser on an angle to use only edge of eraser to color close to image lines.
- Fold 4-1/4 x 8-3/4 Basic Black cardstock on 5-1/2 score line, adhere stamped 3 x 4 Whisper White (wheat images) to 3-1/4 x 4-1/4 panel. Tip: Only apply adhesive along edge of Whisper White cardstock to avoid having adhesive in center of panel which will be cut out with punch.
- Place Classic Label Punch upside down over panel with Wheat images reaching in as far as punch will go. Line edge of punch to edge of Whisper White cardstock and punch. Slide to other end of panel and line punch up to edge of Whisper White cardstock and punch. Set aside.
- Fold 3 x 8-1/2 Basic Black Cardstock on 4-1/4 score line, then adhere stamped 2-3/4 x 4 Whisper White Cardstock to top panel with fold on right side and adhere other 2-3/4 x 4 Whisper White Cardstock to inside. Adhere to Poppy Parade Cardstock, then center on Cardbase panel and adhere with fold on right side (cardbase fold is on left side).
- Fold left panel of card closed, then insert top panel from right side into slot created with Classic Label Punch.
Click here to download printable project sheet with instructions & dimensions for this project.
Watch my video below for assembly tips .
Note: My videos are unedited and may contain bloopers (misspoken words or technical errors).
Thank you for creating with me,
♥ Place an order with me and receive a Create with Terri Project Packet as a Thank You gift! The larger your order the more packets you will receive!!! Click here to learn more about my Create with Terri Project Packets.
♥ Use my current Host Code when placing an on-line order (under $150) and receive an extra Thank You Gift (Stampin’ Up! Embellishments) from me. Click here for details for placing on-line orders and current Host Code.
Terri’s March 2019 Host Code is CF6N96FK
Stampin’ Up! Products for this project: (click product image(s) below for direct link to my Stampin’ Up! store)