A couple days ago I shared a cute & easy box with a heart sliding closure (click here for post). At the end of the post & video I shared a few details on how to modify and create this cute & easy box with a Tulip sliding closure.
Today I would like to share all the instructions, tips and details on how I created the Tulip Box.
The Tulip image was cut from the Pleased As Punch Designer Series Paper which is part of the Coordination Product Release (click here for more details on Coordination Product Release) using the Tulip Builder Punch.
The Pleased As Punch Designer Series Paper has 12 sheets of 12″ x 12″ patterned paper: 3 each of 4 double-sided designs. Some of the Stampin’ Up! coordinating colors are: Balmy Blue, Basic Gray, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Highland Heather, Night of Navy, Old Olive, Petal Pink, Pool Party, Whisper White
Here are the instructions on how I created the Tulip Image including adding detail with the Stampin’ Blend:
- Using Tulip Builder Punch cutout Daffodil Delight Tulip Image from Designer Paper.
- Using Tulip Builder Punch cutout both images from Whisper White cardstock. Place Whisper White leaf/petal image on Tulip image along left side.
- Using tip end of Dark So Saffron Stampin’ Blend mark from top of Tulip image to bottom of Tulip image tracing along Whisper White cut-out.
- Rotate Whisper White cut-out and place along right side of Tulip image and trace from top of Tulip image to intersection of Stampin’ Blend.
- Using brush tip of Stampin’ Blend fill in center part of Tulip to add depth & dimension to flower.
- Using the writing tip end of the Stampin’ Blend add additional curved lines from bottom to 1/2 way up flower.
- Adhere Designer Paper Tulip image to Whisper White Cardstock Tulip image.
Note: For Tulip greenery cut two leaf/petal images from Pleased As Punch Designer Series Paper using Tulip Builder Punch. Note one image is cut from top side of designer paper & the other is from bottom side of designer series paper to get images facing opposite directions.
Tulip Box Materials:
1 – Score 5-1/4″ x 7-1/2″ Daffodil Delight Card Stock along 5-1/4″ side at 1″ & 4-¼”, plus make 1/4″ mark/ score line at 2-5/8″. Score 7-1/2″ side at 3-1/4″ & 4-1/4″
2 – Cut along 3-1/4″ & 4-1/4″ score lines from edge to intersection (both sides). Remove a sliver of cardstock on smallest panel (4 places).
3 – Cut half circle using 2″ Circle Punch at 2-5/8″ score line.
4 – Fold all score lines in (valley folds) and crease with Bone Folder. Apply Tear & Tape Adhesive on tabs as shown in diagram.
5 – Adhere 1-1/2″ x 3″ Pear Pizzazz Cardstock to center of panel, opposite side where Tear & Tape is applied and panel without half-circle cut.
6 – Fold sides to create box adhering small bottom panel/tab between side panels. Set box aside.
7 – Score 3-¼” x 10-1/4″ Daffodil Delight Cardstock at 3-¼”, 4-3/8″, 6-½”, 7-¾” & 8-7/8”. Make opening with Classic Label Punch between 8-¾” score line & 10-1/4” end by placing cardstock fold on edge of Punch & resting cardstock in Punch.
8 – Make opening with Classic Label Punch on other end by placing cardstock edge to edge of Punch & resting cardstock in Punch. Then slide punch to other side of the same panel and line up Punch to edge of score line.
9 – Texture front panel with Subtle 3D Folder and texture back, top & front flap panels with Tufted 3D Folder.
10 – Fold all score lines in (valley folds) and crease with Bone Folder.
11 – Apply Tear & Tape on panel between 4-3/8″ & 6-½” score lines (leave backing on). Apply Dimensionals on panel with Classic Label opening (not too close to Classic Label opening)
12 – Adhere Tear & Tape panel to back panel of box (with half circle cut-out)
13 – *Add 2 Dimensional next to each other to center of 1″ Cardstock Circle and place in Classic Label opening on front panel (Dimensional facing front side). Twist to hold in place.
*Note: Instructions updated to add two Dimensionals for stability. Tip shared by Linda Snyder…thanks Linda
14 – Adhere Dimensional panel to front panel of box.
15 – Adhere Leaf images to front panel.
16 – Rotate dimensionals on 1″ Circle and slide to bottom of opening. Attach Tulip image to Dimensional (top of Tulip image just under top flap of box).
17 – Tie Bow with Whisper White Baker’s Twine & attach with Mini Glue Dot.
For Note Cards:
- Fold 3″ x 6″ Whisper White Cardstock on 3″ score line.
- Using Mini Glue Dots adhere 3/16″ x 1-1/2″ Pear Pizzazz Cardstock to front of Note Card for stem.
- Using fingers or bone folder curve ends of greenery/leaves then adhere to bottom of stem – one on each side. Tie bow with Whisper White Bakers’ Twine & attach with Mini Glue Dot.
- Adhere Tulip image using Dimensionals to top of stem.
Click here to download printable project sheet with instructions & dimensions for this project.
Check out my video below for assembly tips .
Note: My videos are unedited and may contain bloopers (misspoken words or technical errors).
♥ Place a $50 Stampin’ Up! order (before shipping & tax) with me using my current Host Code and receive a Create with Terri Card Kit Packet as a Thank You gift! Click here to learn more about my Create with Terri Card Kit Packets.
Terri’s February 2020 Host Code is
Terri’s February 2020
Create with Terri Card Kit contains:
6 – 4″ x 6″ Designer Series Papers (one each of the Peaceful Poppies designs), twelve – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ coordinating color cardstock (3 – Basic Black, 3 – Poppy Parade, 3 – Old Olive 3 – Rich Razzleberry) and four – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ Whisper White Cardstock.
♥ It’s Sale-a-bration time with two earning levels, you receive FREE products with qualifying orders, and there is no limit to how many free products you can earn. Offer ends March 31st