Monday night I shared this fun stamping technique at one of my monthly technique groups. It’s a great way to create a fun and unique background!
Below you will find the supply list, measurements, technique instructions, assembly instructions for card, FREE PDF tutorial to download and video showing technique and tips for assembling card.
Please contact me if you would like to join one of my local technique clubs.
♥ Bundle: Gather Together (153036- *stamp set & *dies; 10% savings)
♥ Stamps: *Gather Together (150589- photopolymer)
♥ Ink Pad: Pretty Peacock (150083)
♥ Ink Refill: Celestial Copper (150708), Pretty Peacock (150090), Cajun Craze (119790), Mint Macaron (138331)
♥ Cardstock / Paper: Pretty Peacock (150880), Whisper White (100730), Copper Foil Sheets (142020)
♥ Ribbon: 1/4″ Copper Trim (144179)
♥ Tools / Misc: *Gathered Leaves Dies (150662), Everyday Label Punch (144668), Subtle 3D Embossing Folder (151775), Acetate Card Boxes (144628 – qty 10, you need two for this technique), SNAIL (104332), Dimensionals (104430), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Paper Snips (103579), Die Cutting Machine, Marbles (qty – 8)
♥ Pretty Peacock Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″, 3-3/4″ x 6-3/4″ (for technique – I like to have extra cardstock cut to make several), scrap to cut one leaf
♥ Whisper White Cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 5″ (for inside), scrap to stamp/punch sentiment
♥ Foil Sheet: 3″ x 4″ (cut 3 leaves from center)
♥ Ribbon: 3 to 4 inches
Instructions for Technique:
1. Assemble two Acetate Card Box (fold at score lines to shape box). Close one end of boxes.
2. Box #1: At open end of box (with flap on the bottom) place two drops of Pretty Peacock Ink Refill on bottom panel of box across from each other, then two drops of Cajun Craze Ink Refill and one drop of Mint Macaroon Ink Refill.
3. Place 5 marbles in box then close end of box. With both ends closed roll marbles in box for just a few seconds to get ink on them.
4. Slide 3-3/4″ x 6-3/4″ cardstock in opening at top end of the box and slide to other end of box.
Note: you may have to assist at other end by holding end flap to allow cardstock to slide through opening.
Note: Cardstock should be sticking out both ends.
5. Turn box over and roll inked marbles onto cardstock. Stop when you like the consistency of the coverage.
6. Turn box over and remove cardstock.
Note: You can continue and create additional backsgrounds.
Note: At some point the colors will all blend together and you may want to start over.
Note: To clean open one end of the box and run water through to rinse box & marbles (water will drain out bottom/closed end of box). Dry box & marbles for reuse.
7. Box #2: At open end of box (with flap on the bottom) place two or three drops of Celestial Copper Ink Refill.
8. Place 3 marbles in box then close end of box. With both ends closed roll marbles in box for just a few seconds to get ink on them.
9. Slide 3-3/4″ x 6-3/4″ cardstock (with rolled marble design towards marbles) in opening at top end of the box and slide to other end of box.
10. Turn box over and roll inked marbles onto cardstock. Stop when you like the consistency of the coverage.
11. Turn box over and remove cardstock.
12. Let ink dry before cutting a 2-3/4″ section (from 6-3/4″ length) to assemble card.
Size needed for card: 2-3/4″ x 3-3/4″)
Instructions for Assembling Card:
1. Fold 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ cardbase folded on score line.
Option: Texture folded card using Subtle 3D Embossing folder
2. Adhere back ground to Copper Foil, then adhere to card front.
3. Using fingers add dimension to ends of copper leaves (cut from center of copper foil), then adhere to card front.
4. Stamp sentiment on Whisper White scrap using Pretty Peacock Ink, then cut with Everyday Label Punch. Adhere to card front with Dimensionals.
5. Using fingers add dimension to ends of Pretty Peacock leaf, then attach to card front with Dimesional.
Optional Step: Before cutting leaf die from Pretty Peacock Cardstock place die onto Pretty Peacock Ink Pad, press slightly then remove and place on cardstock. Run through Die Cutting Machine. Ink will transfer to cardstock.
6. Tie knot in center of 1/4″ Copper Trim, then stretch ends to reshape trim. Attach to card front with Mini Glue Dot.
7. Stamp inside images/sentiments on 3-3/4″ x 5″ Whisper White cardstock using Pretty Peacock ink. Adhere to inside of card.
Click here to download printable project sheet with instructions & dimensions for this project.
Check out my video below for assembly tips .
Note: My videos are unedited and may contain bloopers (misspoken words or technical errors).
Thank you for creating with me,
♥ Place a $50 Stampin’ Up! order with me and receive a Create with Terri Card Kit Packet as a Thank You gift! The larger your order the more packets you will receive!!! Click here to learn more about my Create with Terri Card Kit Packets.
♥ Use my current Host Code when placing an on-line order (under $150) and receive an extra Thank You Gift (Stampin’ Up! Embellishments) from me. Click here for details for placing on-line orders and current Host Code.
Terri’s October 2019 Host Code is HGPW797R
Stampin’ Up! Products used on this project:(click product image(s) below for direct link to my Stampin’ Up! store)