Before I stamped the Tree Rings background I used a clear block as a stamp to add a textured look to the cardstock.
Zoom up on the photo to see the difference; bottom-right image used clear block for added texture to the Tree Rings
1. Ink clear block with Crumb Cake ink, place Crumb Cake card front onto block, cover with typing paper, apply pressure with fingers to transfer ink from block to cardstock. Repeat using Soft Suede ink & Tree Rings background stamp.
2. Trim 1″ off right side of card front. Sponge Soft Suede ink around card front edge using Stampin’ Sponge.
Note: I cut my stampin’ sponges into quarters then dab onto stamp pad and sponge onto card edges. Add as much color as you would like.
3. Use paper piercing tool to make hole on fold of card about 1″ from bottom edge of card. Using Dental Floss Threader as a needle thread Linen Thread through hole wrapping around the card front three times. Tie knot. Adhere card to Soft Suede Cardstock.
4. Stamp sentiment on Soft Suede cardstock scrap using Soft Suede ink then cut oval using framelits, Big Shot and Magnetic Platform. Sponge Soft Suede ink around edges using Stampin’ Sponge Adhere to card front panel..
Note: To clean Stampin’ Sponge hold under running water to rinse ink out of sponge, allow to dry before using again. The ink may stain the sponge but will not transfer to another project. Or you can dedicate a sponge wedge to each color.
5. Stamp tree image on Crumb Cake cardstock scrap using Soft Suede ink then cut tree out using framelits, Big Shot and Magnetic Platform. Attach to oval on card front using Mini Dimensionals.
Click here to download printable project sheet with instructions & dimensions for this project.
Hope you enjoy creating with me!
♥ Place an order with me and receive a Create with Terri Project Packet as a Thank You gift! The larger your order the more packets you will receive!!! Click here to learn more about my Create with Terri Project Packets.
♥ Use my current Host Code when placing an on-line order (under $150) and receive an extra Thank You Gift (Stampin’ Up! Embellishments) from me. Click here for current Host Code and details for placing on-line orders.
Supplies for this project: (click product image(s) below to shop on-line)