For today’s card I’m using the Big Shot Embossing Mats to emboss the snowflakes from the Blizzard Thinlets onto cardstock for the backgound of the card.
Stay tuned for more projects and videos as there are multiple ways to use both the Big Shot Embossing Mats and the Blizzard Thinlets.
The main element of this card is the sled cut from a die in the Alphine Sports Thinlets. I’m not sure if you are like me and fall in love with one die in a set then learn to love them all!?!
I love this sled… watch for more ideas using it!
I used Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint mixed with rubbing alcohol in a Stampin’ Spritzer to give the snowflakes sparkle (it’s difficult to see this in the photo).
1. Using Big Shot, Magnet Platform & Blizzard Thinlet Die cut snowflakes from 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 Whisper White cardstock.
Tip: After first run through Big Shot turn die & paper upside down & add a cardstock shim to Big Shot sandwich.
2. Using Big Shot Die Brush over basket to collect snowflakes as you remove cardstock from die. Set mask aside and save snowflakes for future project.
3. Per instructions with Big Shot Embossing Mats set emboss Snowflakes onto 3-3/4 x 5 Whisper White cardstock using Blizzard Thinlets Die & thin silicone mat.
Tip: After stacking sandwich per instructions, take sandwich (minus standard platform) and rotate on standard platform so the clear plate is on top. This will allow you to make sure the cardstock & die is straight and see what is happening as you run the sandwich of platforms through the Big Shot
4. Place embossed cardstock on paper covered surface then place snowflake mask over lining up snowflakes. Mix rubbing alcohol & 3 to 5 drops of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint into Stampin’ Spritzer. Shake and spritz over mask to create sparkling snowflakes. Set aside to dry.
5. When dry wrap Silver Metallic-Edged Ribbon around and tie into knot. Adhere to Silver Foiled-Edge card front.
6. Using Big shot & sled die cut sled from Silver Foil Sheet and adhere to card front using Mini Dimensionals.
7. For sled rope trim silver section from one edge of Silver Metallic-Edged Ribbon, make a knot on both ends. Place 1/4 of a mini glue dot rolled up on sled where rope is attached, place knot on top of glue dot.
8. Stamp sentiment on Whisper White scrap cardstock using Smokey Slate ink. Cut with 1″ Circle Punch and adhere to Silver Foil scalloped circle punched with 1-1/8 Scallop Circle Punch. Attach to card front with mini dimensionals.
Click here to download printable project sheet with instructions & dimensions for this project.
Check out my video below for assembly tips .
Note: My videos are unedited and may contain bloopers (misspoken words or technical errors).
Hope you enjoy creating with me!
♥ Place an order with me and receive a Create with Terri Project Packet as a Thank You gift! The larger your order the more packets you will receive!!! Click here to learn more about my Create with Terri Project Packets.
♥ Use my current Host Code when placing an on-line order (under $150) and receive an extra Thank You Gift (Stampin’ Up! Embellishments) from me. Click here for details for placing on-line orders and current Host Code.
Terri’s September 2018 Host Code is RHSJM6QD
♥ Dashing Along Host Promotion
Have you been waiting for just the right time to host a Stampin’ Up! party? Do you love gorgeous Designer Series Paper? If you said “Yes” to both questions contact me (click here) to book your workshop.
What’s the occasion? Right now if you host a party, or place an order, with $250 in sales, you will earn the exclusive Dashing Along Designer Series Paper for FREE (click here for flyer).
This offer ends on September 30, so don’t wait! Get ready to take advantage of this exciting offer today!
♥ Redeem Your Bonus Day Coupons!
If you earned Bonus Days coupon codes in August, it’s time to redeem them! Bonus Days is the perfect time to check off items on your 2018 holiday catalog wish list, or purchase that big-ticket item you’ve had your eyes on. Hurry! You’ve got until September 30 to redeem your coupon codes!
Supplies for this project: (click product image(s) below to shop on-line)