The January 2019 Paper Pumpkin kit has all the supplies to create 24 fun pillow box treat holders!
The images in the kit are adorable and coordinate with the Animal Expedition suite in the 2018-2019 Annual Catalog.
I altered my pillow boxes to add a personalized message which is pulled from the Kangaroo pouch.
They are fun to make and can be personalized for Valentines, Birthdays, Invitations or any message you would like.
For the Valentines Pillow Box I found a Valentines message online that seems to work perfect for this project: “Love is a circle, round and round, love goes up, and love goes down, Love is on the inside, trying to get out, love is whirling and twirling about!”
Click here to download a PDF file with the Valentines message
For the Shower Pillow Box text reads: “You are invited to Katie’s Baby Shower Sunday, March 24th at 1:00 PM at her home”
For the Happy Birthday text reads: “Happy Birthday to You Happy Birthday to You Happy Birthday dear <name> Happy Birthday to You”
Additional supplies needed:
- Place Kangaroo on Stampin’ Trimmer lining pouch line to trimmer cutter groove. Place Washi tape up to line on both sides of pouch for a guide to cut line, and to hold Kangaroo in place. Cut line.
- On back side place Tear & Tape above and below the cut line.
- Shape Pillow Box with Bone Folder. Remove Tear & Tape backing and place Kangaroo on front of Pillow Box.
- Place Washi Tape on both sides of pouch for guide to cut line. Using straight edge line up cutting line on Stampin’ Trimmer. Cut along line.
- Cut message strip, width should be 3/4″ or less. Staple strip of cardstock to end of message strip to be a stopper to avoid message strip being pulled out completely.
- Using Bone Folder curl message strip, then place top end of message strip in slit on box from back side with text towards box.
- Seal Pillow Box adhesive provided in Paper Pumpkin Kit.
- Attach heart with Mini Glue Dot to end of Message Strip, then staple. Embellish with Heart Embellishments from Paper Pumpkin Kit.
- Stamp sentiment on Die Cuts provided in Paper Pumpkin Kit. Embellish with Heart Embellishments and attach to Pillow Box with dimensionals provided in Paper Pumpkin Kit.
Note: To return message into box, open one end and reach two fingers into box placing paper between fingers, rotate box until message is onside.
Click here to download printable project sheet with instructions & dimensions for this project.
Check out my video below for assembly tips .
Note: My videos are unedited and may contain bloopers (misspoken words or technical errors).
HOW PAPER PUMPKIN WORKS
Paper Pumpkin by Stampin’ Up! is a crafting subscription kit that delivers creativity to your door every month. Each box includes everything you need to make a stunning project. We’ll surprise you with projects like cards, gift packaging, home décor, and more. Talk about happy mail!
WHAT’S INSIDE YOUR MONTHLY BOX?
With Paper Pumpkin, you’ll save time and money while you build a collection of crafting supplies. Every month you’ll receive a unique stamp set with an ink spot (that won’t repeat a color in a 12-month period). In no time at all, you’ll have a variety of stamps and ink to use on other projects. In addition, your first kit includes a free clear stamping block that you’ll use every month.
Watch this exclusive “behind-the-scenes” video for an inside look at February’s Paper Pumpkin Kit
To get the February’s Paper Pumpkin kit subscribe by the 10th of the February. There are two ways to order Paper Pumpkin:
- Subscribe to the monthly kit by clicking here: https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=3148
- Or purchase 1-month, *3-month, *6-month or *12-month Prepaid Subscription.
Hope you enjoy creating with me!
♥ Place an order with me and receive a Create with Terri Project Packet as a Thank You gift! The larger your order the more packets you will receive!!! Click here to learn more about my Create with Terri Project Packets.
♥ Use my current Host Code when placing an on-line order (under $150) and receive an extra Thank You Gift (Stampin’ Up! Embellishments) from me. Click here for details for placing on-line orders and current Host Code.
Terri’s February 2019 Host Code is THQSHKZJ
Supplies for this project: (click product image(s) below to shop on-line)