Springtime Foils Specialty Designer Series Paper is beautiful… it’s FREE with a $50 purchase from Stampin’ Up! during Sale-a-bration (ends March 31st)… AND it’s perfect for this Butterfly Card!
The butterfly slides through the slot when you open the card… fold the butterfly wings to fit through the slot to close the card.
You are going to love how easy this card is to make!
Note: Stampin’ Up! offers lots of cardstock weight specialty designer series paper which is perfect for this card. The photos shown below are using Painted With Love Specialty Design Series Paper (145580), Calypso Coral Cardstock (122925), Calypso Coral Shimmer Ribbon (Sale-a-bration 147243)
- Punch front side of card with Classic Label punch. Let paper rest on punch, line right edge of paper about 3/8” past right-side of the punch, punch. Slide paper to other edge of punch, line left edge of paper about 3/8” past left-side of the punch, punch again.
- Peel back (with lettering) from Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet, adhere to back of gold foil.
- Cut detailed butterfly from Gold Foil with dies & Bigshot. Score/fold butterfly in half.
- Cut two bold butterflies from whisper white cardstock. Score/fold butterflies in half. Set aside.
- Peel backing of detailed butterfly and adhere to half bold butterfly. Adhere other half to second bold butterfly
- Insert detailed butterfly in slot created on card front, bold butterfly will be on inside of card.
- Lay flat on table and apply Tear & Tape Adhesive to butterfly images. Peel backing off adhesive and close card to adhere butterfly to card.
- Stamp greeting inside card and carefully stamp butterfly antenna using a light pressure.
- Tie ribbon into knot around card at fold.
Tip: To make 3 cards from one 12 x 12 sheet of cardstock or specialty paper cut card base at 4 x 10-1/2, score at 5-1/4. Adhere to 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 cardstock.
Note: You can make this card with any image that fits through the slot created with the classic label punch.
Check out the video below for tips on assembling the Springtime Foils Butterfly Card
Click here to download my FREE tutorial (PDF file with supply list, measurements & step-by-step instructions of this project).
Hope you enjoy creating with me!
♥ Place an order with me and receive a Create with Terri Project Packet as a Thank You gift! The larger your order the more packets you will receive!!! Click here to learn more about my Create with Terri Project Packets.
♥ Use my current Host Code when placing an on-line order (under $150) and receive an extra Thank You Gift (Stampin’ Up! Embellishments) from me. Click here for current Host Code and details for placing on-line orders.
Supplies for this project: (click product image(s) below to shop on-line)
WOW This card is wonderful and as you said, so easy too. But truly a WOW Card
Thank you Kerry!
Love your creativity
What an amazing creation … thank you so much for sharing your talents x
Thank you Chris!
Your Blog is beautiful Terri – am looking forward to visiting it often.
Thank You Juli!