The wiper card is a fun technique. It looks like a regular card until you pull on the sides of the card and a wiper appears from the top of the card with an image attached. There is a small card attached to the front panel for your inside sentiment & message.
This card is one of the cards my local monthly Technique Club made. It is the first technique project I’m offering as a Create With Terri Project Packet – a packet which contains all the materials (cardstock, designer paper, ribbon & embellishments) to make a Create with Terri Project.
Click here to learn more about my Create with Terri Project Packets.
1. Fold score lines of two 4-1/4″ x 8-1/2″ cardstock; first score line (1-1/2″) is a valley fold (fold down), second score line (3″) is a mountain fold (fold up).
2. Mark the 1-1/2″ x 3″ piece of cardstock at 1-1/2″ on the long edge – left side. side. Score on an angle from the top right corner to the 1-1/2″ mark. Fold on score line and apply Tear & Tape on the back side of scored triangle (see diagram for reference).
3. Place one card base pieces with the score lines to the right (front of card will be facing down). Adhere triangle of 1-1/2 x 3 strip between the two score lines. Line up the end of the diagonal score with the edge of the card front. (Note: if there is an image stamped on the wiper it would be facing down).
4. Add Tear & Tape Adhesive to the end panels of both card stock pieces. Adhere together with end panels on opposite ends.
5. Stamp fish image on scrap Crumb Cake with Mossy Meadow ink then cut out using Dies, Big Shot & Magnetic Platform. Color fish image using Wink of Stella to add shimmer. When done scribble on scratch paper until Mossy Meadow ink is off tip of brush. Attach image to wiper then fold card flat for wiper to fold into top of card.
Note: Be sure image does not extend past edge of wiper as it will be visible when wiper is inside card. Also the image cannot be too tall it does not fold into card.
6. Using Mossy Meadow ink stamp Crackle Paint background on one 1-1/4″ x 4″ Crumb Cake cardstock and 4″ x 5-1/4″ Crumb Cake cardstock. Stamp ‘Happy Birthday’ sentiment on second 1-1/4″ x 4″ Crumb Cake cardstock. Adhere to panels on front of card.
7. Using Mossy Meadow ink stamp one 2-1/4″ x 3-1/2″ Very Vanilla cardstock for outside of card with Fisherman image & ‘It’s Your Day’ sentiment. Adhere to Mossy Meadow cardstock, then to front panel of Crumb Cake card (2-3/4″ x 8″ folded at 4″ score line). Adhere to front panel of card. Stamp inside sentiment on other 2-1/4″ x 3-1/2″ Very Vanilla cardstock then adhere to inside of Crumb Cake card.
8. Using Dies, Big Shot & Magnetic Platform cut Cattails from Mossy Meadow scrap cardstock. Ink Marbled Background with Mossy Meadow ink and place cattails on stamp to add swirls image to cattails. Adhere to card front with Mini Glue Dots.
Click here to download printable project sheet with instructions & dimensions for this project.
Check out my video below for assembly tips .
Note: My videos are unedited and may contain bloopers (misspoken words or technical errors).
Thank you for creating with me,
♥ Place an order with me and receive a Create with Terri Project Packet as a Thank You gift! The larger your order the more packets you will receive!!! Click here to learn more about my Create with Terri Project Packets.
♥ Use my current Host Code when placing an on-line order (under $150) and receive an extra Thank You Gift (Stampin’ Up! Embellishments) from me. Click here for details for placing on-line orders and current Host Code.
Terri’s June 2019 Host Code is AVF36VJ4
Stampin’ Up! Products for this project:(click product image(s) below for direct link to my Stampin’ Up! store)